Thursday, December 9, 2010

Evolution

I love evolution. I think it is super cool how organisms can change and adapt to new environments.

In science fiction a long running theme for stories has been that for 3 million years humanity was shaped by its environment. We control our environment now so without any need for us to change will we continue to evolve? If so, how?

Lots of science fiction writers have assumed that in long term zero gravity environments human toes will become prehensile. Hard to argue with that one. It makes a lot of sense.

Now I once put forward the hypothesis is that if shirt pockets and touch screen phones continue long enough then men (who wear the shirt pockets) will develop prehensile nipples. Then you will no longer have to take your phone out of your pocket to answer, dial, etc.

Now I have to tell you, no "futurist" that I know have has predicted the formation of a prehensile butt cheeks but obviously with the environment this subject finds herself in this appears to be a desirable adaptation


Ain't evolution great!

(so to those who questioned my nerdmanity, I submit for your approval that I took a photo of a hottie in spandex and made it nerdy. Yeah, I'm that good!! And modest too! lol)

5 comments:

jinksto said...

yah, that'll get yah +1 interesting (but only for technique!)

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

Damn! Well technique is important too!

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

In fact, I'll have you know my mom said it was VERY funny and that I am very cool and good looking too! So there! ;)

tammy said...

You make me laugh. And I think your comment about was maybe even funnier than your post.

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

@tammy - well, that's two of you then! :)