Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fire pot

Ever seen one of these? I never had. Erica brought it home and it sat for awhile before I realized it was not just yet another useless vase! (so ladies, what is it with you and vases anyway? ;) )

Unlike vases though this is cool! It's called a fire pot! Bet ya can't guess why!


It makes FIRE! Fire GOOD! Rob Like FIRE! Hmmmm.

The vase part has a metal cylinder in the center you fill with fire pot fuel and then light her off. It has a "lid" that will snuff the flame when you put it on. As you can see it's a nice flame! It even crackles and pops nicely.

Like most people I find an open flame comforting and like to fire up candles on occasion but hey guys, let's face it; Candles are a little effeminate. Ok, they are pretty gay so here is the solution...

This here is a MAN candle! Yeah buddy!

9 comments:

jinksto said...

That's awesome! Link?!

Dizzy Ms. Lizzy said...

Ooooooh, Man Candle.....

Unknown said...

Haha I love the man candle reference. I have a couple firepots myself, they are really cool. I got mine from http://handmadefirepots.com

Anonymous said...

You can find a lot of Bird Brain Firepots (which this one is) on Amazon.com & Target.com as well as retailers everywhere.

kat said...

A Man Candle...gosh if only I had seen that such a thing exists BEFORE I almost gave myself a brain seizure thinking so hard what to get the husband for Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

I love my FirePots, they are amazing. Mine are BirdBrain FirePots, they have the prettiest and most unique FirePots out there.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've done it again Nerdy Redneck...This Firepot thing is totally Radical!!! I think I finally found something I like better than butter pecan ice cream!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Really?? Butter Pecan???? Terrible choice! What are you 60? Man candles by Bird Brain are way better than Butter Pecan.......prolly more comparable to better than sex cake!

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

Jinksto- "Mr. Amish Website wants me to provide a link? LOL! :)

Actually Cuz, when I goggled "fire pot" to find a link or two for ya it give soooo many I had no idea where to start. However, there are couple of good ideas below...

Mz Lizzy- Do I see one in Mr. Lizzy's future? ;)

Nicholas- Glad you like the reference! :) Handmade appeals to me so thanks for the link! I bet Jinksto will like handmade too.

Kat- Awww now I feel bad. I had this pic on the phone since mid December as blog fodder but did not get to it till now. So sorry! Valentines is coming, Fire GOOD! :) Men like FIRE! Almost as much as " Danger

Anon-1- Thanks for the tip- I will have to take a look, I plan to get a few of them when I move back to Dallas soon.

Anon-2- Maria? Is that you? Too many anons today! :) I have to give Erika full credit. I was oblivious.(Again - see next post!) It sat on the coffee table for a long time before I noticed the little lid and asked Erika "What dat?" :)

Anon-1 - LOL! That's... Sorry, someone said sex and I drifted off for a bit? What were we talking about?