Monday, March 10, 2008

True Story :)

Robert,

I was wondering if you would be willing to put in a bid on this contract. It’s not in the states, if you are interested could you quote me a rate?

Project name: Siebel Performance Improvement
Open seat title: Oracle Data Base Administrator
Start date: 03/18/2008
End date: 04/31/2008
Hours per week: 40
Location: WORK WILL BE PERFORMED IN LONDON AND SAUDIA ARABIA
Pay travel and lodging: Yes
Position description: {Snipped out boring technical crap}

Eric Weissman
Senior Technical Recruiter
Analyst International
eweissman@analysts.com
248-232-5214
VOIP 8145214
http://www.analysts.com/



Hello Eric,

While it would be nice to work with you again and London would be fine I can’t see myself in Saudia Arabia.

I mean people in the US barely put up with my views on religion. In Saudi I could stub my toe and say bad things or someone might catch me eyeing passing burkas. In either case they would be cutting things off of me in short order.

Sorry, this one is not for me!

Rob

8 comments:

House of Jules said...

Yeah, but wasn't that photo you posted a few weeks back of all those women showing their naked wrists something you were looking to experience in real life? ;)

Jules
House of Jules

Tanya said...

Yeah, you might even manage to sneak a peek of a pupil or an eyebrow.

Crazymamaof6 said...

come on chalk it up to life experience! a stamp on your passport! and free travel and lodging. way over charge. and if it happens. Ta DA! big money coming your way.
losing body parts left and right is probably more honest.

Angel said...

thank goodness! that good be dangerous for you....and what would you do without bikini clad women to oggle?

OHmommy said...

I agree.

It MUST be a sign or something. You did post that picture.

Don't you believe in destiny? :)

michelle said...

okay, as someone whose job will never take her more than a couple of hours away ... are you effing nuts!? bite your tongue, wear sunglasses and get your ass somewhere where snow is a fairy tale! dude!

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

Jules- No way Jules, I can stay here in America and enjoy all the shapely wrists my heart desires- all without throwing beads! God Bless America!

Tanya- Yeah but I wonder what they cut off for making eye contact?!

CrazyMomma- I am all for adventure, I mean I WANT to jump off a cliff with a wing suit. Getting things cut off just for being me though, nope, I am missing out on that “adventure”! :)

Beth- Beth – I am glad someone understands me! :)

OhMommy- You and Jules have a good point but if this is destinies way of playing “chicken” she wins! I’m going in the ditch on this one!

Michelle- You make a heck of a point but we are talking amputations here! Maybe even worse! {shudder}

Sauntering Soul said...

I went to Egypt 12 years ago and felt really uncomfortable the entire time I was there. Talk about getting the stinkeye from every single person on the street. I can only imagine what it would be like to be in Saudi today. I think you made a wise decision.