As my long time readers know sometimes my job can get a little stressful. This post is a good example.
So for those occasions when you too are having a rough day, here is a stress management technique recommended in all the latest psychological journals.
The funny thing is that it really does work well AND it will make you smile. (my favorite combination of things)
Read slowly, and visualize as you go along.
1. Picture yourself lying on your belly on a warm rock that hangs out over a crystal clear stream.
2. Picture yourself with both your arms dangling with your hands in the cool running water.
3. Birds are sweetly singing in the cool mountain air above you.
4. No one knows your secret place.
5. You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called the world.
6. The soothing sound of a gentle water fall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.
7. The water is so crystal clear that you can easily make out the face of the person you're holding under.
Just remember what we call stress actually is; Stress is your civilized mind over riding your bodies perfectly natural need to choke the living crap out of some total jerk who truly deserves it.
That is why this little exercise works so well!
Feeling better yet?