Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bad Date Movie!

Yesterday I went to see the movie, “He is just not that into you.”

It was my idea. I saw the trailers and I thought it looked funny so I actually wanted to go see it.

Uhhhh, clearly this is a TOTAL chick flick because this is the most lopsided male-female ratio I have seen in a movie theater audience since I went to see “P.S. I love You” with Erika.

I actually counted- there were three men in the audience including me.

This is not a good date movie. There is quite a bit of tension and awkwardness while male and female dating behaviors are dissected in all their glorious gory details.

Still it was a very funny movie- I laughed quite a bit. Sadly there was one part that just totally sent me into hysterics. I say sadly because apparently no one else thought it was funny. I was the only one laughing (and laughing and laughing). I knew I was alone but I could not stop! Thank goodness for small favors as at least I did not snort! I guess it was a “guy joke” and the other two guys there were smart enough NOT to laugh at the “guy joke” while swimming in a sea of angry estrogen.

Did I mention this is not a good date movie?

Still I laughed AND it was very thought provoking and in my book that is the perfect combination!

5 comments:

tammy said...

Was your date giving you the evil eye while you were laughing? I wanna know the part you were laughing at.

Erika said...

I'm thinking I should see it (C: (okay... maybe rent it!)

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

Tammy- We have been seeing each other since last June so by now she is all too well aware that I find humor in things NO ONE else does! It’s one of my more endearing qualities. Right? RIGHT? Yes, I am sure it is!

Erika- I am not sure there is nearly enough crying in it for you! :) Kidding! I know you’d love it.

Maggie Moo said...

I bought the audio book about 2 years ago and decided I wouldn't see the movie when I knew it was being made. This girl doesn't need yet another reminder that she's single...

Callsign Echo said...

A friend (also a pilot) told me about the book years ago. Here's what she said:

"So I really like this book, but I almost stopped reading before I even started. In the first chapter it talks about men who are workaholics, having to get up at 0600. There was a sidenote, that's 6:00 am to you, ladies.

I almost snapped the book shut and lit it on fire right there in the bookstore."

But she kept reading and liked it so I guess it's good she didn't. Also, there might have been liability issues about open flame in a bookstore, however offensive she might have found its female stereotypes.

I never worked up any interest in it.