Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pilots and Weather Analysis

We Pilots are taught many different ways to interpret the vast amounts of weather data available to us. There are so many weather products right at your finger tips that the pilots real challenge these days is how to interpret and internalize the data and to use it effectively.

Then you get into the concepts of formal data and informal data. Formal data would best be exemplified by the weather channel. Informal data might be best exemplified by old sayings like "red sky at night sailors delight, red sky in morning sailors take warning."

Of course another example of informal weather analysis is when your passengers are praying with eyes clinched shut, this may be a good indicator that the ride is not too smooth!

2 comments:

tammy said...

Ha ha ha!!! Did you take that pic? That is funny.

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

Yep, I shot this pic. I saw him over there praying away, my first thought was "poor guy is scared!" But my sick little mind quickly jumped from sympathy to "BLOG POST! Oooo I hope he prays long enough to get the phone booted up so I can get a picture!"

Sad huh?