Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thoughts on Food

I just had a mermaid salad sandwich. I know it sounds really weird but it was really good! However  I am troubled by the ethical situation. Are mermaids human enough to count as cannibalism? I mean it's roughly akin to having sex with a third cousin. The genetic spread is great enough by gen 3 to avoid monster babies so its totally legal in any state but the thought is still creepy.


So yeah, clearly it's legal to eat mermaids or else Kroger would not have a shelf full of them but in spite of the flaky tenderness of the meat I am still having qualms. Something just is not right about eating mermaid. Maybe I am just too much a guy and it just bugs me to eat pretty mermaids. Maybe I should try eating mermen? Oh wait! Strike that! Never mind!


To top it all off I know rednecks think every kind of non traditional meat tastes like chicken however I find that mermaid meat tastes nothing like chicken so I am not sure what the marketing folks had in mind with this name...





On another note I heard rice cakes were really good for weight loss. So I thought I would give them a try. Never being a shades of grey kind of guy I ate nothing but rice cakes for 5 days. Two rice cakes and a cup of coffee for a meal is so yummy and satisfying so you would think its a great diet right?  However, I put on a butt load of weight (literally!) I don't get it? Could TV have possibly lied to me?

Rice cakes for weight loss! The great LIE!





3 comments:

gr8fl said...

I have eaten a half a bag of rice cakes (with peanut butter) every day since August 2011 and have so far lost 120 lbs, lowered my blood pressure, normalized my blood sugar and lowered my cholesterol.

Paul from New Jersey

Anonymous said...

I can relate. I was asked to leave Panda Express recently after I accused them of false advertising.
Very disappointing. As for the rice cake diet---You should have known better. Have you ever seen a "recent" picture of Little Debbie? Me neither.

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

@Anon - Well done! {APPLAUSE} I am Sooooo stealing the Panda express line!